We are a plastic surgery and comprehensive wound care practice. The practice has two plastic surgeons, one general surgeon, and a staff of nurse practitioners and physician assistants.
Dr. Golla has offices as well as wound care centers located in the greater Pittsburgh/ Butler/ Indiana/ Greensburg/ Washington and Weirton areas.
Dr. Golla partners with local SNFs to provide consistent bedside care for his patients and the SNF’s wound patients through his physician extenders and surgeons. We have a large number of patients that are admitted to our service at hospitals and Ltacs that require the need to go to SNF’s. We care for diabetic, venous stasis and pressure ulcers stage 2 or greater. Along with complex wound care, our surgeons and physician extenders can perform simple debridement and procedures at bedside which may decrease physician office and hospital visits. This may also decrease transportation costs.
The physician extenders visit each facility twice a week and surgeons visit every other week to once a month. If needed the surgeons can visit more often. The physician extenders round once a week and coordinate care with your wound team. The second visit can be “on our own”. We will review care plans, coordinate progress notes and speak with families.These visits are usually conducted by the same physician extender, on days and times that are convenient for your facility so you can plan and provide consistent wound care through a team approach.
Once discharged, patients can follow our staff via visits at one of our offices.
Through this longitudinal care plan, we can provide care from the hospital, a SNF to home, with one provider team for wounds. This allows a patient to have a superior coordinated care plan that allows all the modalities needed and avoids issues related to the transfer between various providers and locations. We found that the transfer of providers and locations may cause a loss of care, time and progress within healing. Our goal is to provide care with regularity and provide the same quality of care as provided in the hospitals while the patient is a resident in a SNF.
- Butler Health System
- UPMC St. Margaret Hospital
- UPMC Passavant Hospital
- UPMC McKeesport
- UPMC East
- Indiana Regional Medical Center
- Forbes Regional Hospital
- Washington Hospital
- Ohio Valley Hospital
- Life Line Hospital
- Weirton Medical Center
Long Term Acute Care Facilities
- Lifecare Hospital – Main Campus
- Lifecare Hospital – Suburban Campus
- Lifecare Hospital Alle-Kiski Campus
- Kindred Healthcare – Oakdale
- Kindred Healthcare – Heritage Valley
- Select Specialty Hospital – McKeesport
- Select Specialty Hospital – Pittsburgh
- Select Specialty Hospital – Laurel Highlands
- Select Specialty Hospital – Johnstown
- Select Specialty Hospital – Latrobe
- Acuity Specialty Hospital at Belmont – Bellaire, OH
- Acuity Specialty Hospital – Wheeling, WV
- Butler Ambulatory Surgery Center
- Gamma Surgery Center
- Waterfront Surgery Center
Wound Care Centers
- The Wound Care Center – Ohio Valley Hospital – McKees Rocks
- The Wound Care Center – Ohio Valley Hospital – Mt. Nebo
- Butler Health System Wound Center – Butler Health System
- UPMC Wound Healing Services – UPMC McKeesport
- The Weirton Medical Wound Treatment Center – Weirton Medical Center
Dr. Golla coordinates continuity of complex wound care from local hospitals to LTACs to SNFs then to home through approximately 4,000 patients visits each month.
SCHEDULE MY APPOINTMENT