A forehead lift or “browlift” is a procedure that restores a more youthful, refreshed look to the area above the eyes. The procedure corrects drooping brows and improves the horizontal lines and furrows that can make a person appear angry, sad or tired.
The brow lift cosmetic surgical procedure is performed in order to rejuvenate the forehead and brow area and to create a younger-looking appearance. It is sometimes performed in addition to similar surgical procedures such as eye lid surgery, facelifts, and skin resurfacing of the face.
What results can I expect from a brow lift?
Brow lift surgery may be right for you if you want to:
- reduce wrinkles found on your forehead, on the bridge of your nose, or between your eyes
- reduce the appearance of vertical wrinkles found between the eyebrows
- raise your brows which sag over your upper eye lids
- rejuvenate your forehead and brow area to create a younger-looking and more alert appearance
Speak to our plastic surgeon Dr. Golla for individualized information on what results you can expect from undergoing a brow lift procedure. In some rare cases, a second surgery may be necessary in order to obtain the desired results, although the majority of patients are satisfied after only one procedure.
Who is a good candidate for a brow lift?
Like most other cosmetic surgeries, a good candidate for a brow lift is one who:
- is in good general health
- is a non-smoker
- has realistic expectations and goals for the surgery
What do I need to do to prepare for a brow lift?
To prepare for brow lift surgery, our cosmetic surgeon may require you to:
- undergo lab testing and a medical evaluation
- stop taking certain medications or adjust your doses
- quit smoking
- refrain from taking Aspirin or other medications or supplements which may increase bleeding
- refrain from taking anti-inflammatory drugs
Another step in preparing for brow lift surgery is ensuring that someone will be able to drive you home from the procedure and stay overnight with you.
Ask your surgeon about any specific questions you may have concerning preparing for your procedure.
What is the recovery period like?
The recovery period lasts a few months, although the results of the surgery can be seen immediately. By the end of the recovery period, the final results will be visible.
Board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Golla, will instruct you on how to care for the surgical site during the initial healing stage, which generally lasts between 10 and 14 days. You may be prescribed medications to be taken orally or applied topically to guard against infection. Towards the end of the initial healing stage, you will also need to return to your physician to have any sutures or clips removed.
You can expect to have bruising, swelling, discomfort, and redness following the procedure, which will all fade with time.
Following a brow lift surgery, it is important to:
- maintain a healthy lifestyle, including proper diet and exercise
- utilize sunscreen and other methods of sun protection
- follow up with our plastic surgeon to see if you are doing what you can to ensure a smooth recovery
If you want to remove wrinkles through the nose, eye, and brow area, raise sagging brows, and simply rejuvenate your brow and forehead area to create a younger-looking appearance, a brow lift may be the procedure you could consider.
SCHEDULE MY APPOINTMENT