Don’t wait for the effects of aging to ruin the appearance and texture of your skin with wrinkles, sagging, and age spots. Facial rejuvenation treatments can be expensive – and the subsequent recovery period can often be unrealistic in terms of finding the time to fit it into your schedule. It’s better for yourself, and easier on your wallet, to get a head start on caring for your skin so that in the future you won’t need to consider treatments which may or may not be successful in reversing the effects of aging. That’s where Clear + Brilliant in Pittsburgh comes in to help.
Candidates for Clear + Brilliant include those who either have a regular skin care regimen already in place, or who are willing to adopt one alongside the treatments. This is because self-care is an important part of maintaining your skin’s youthful appearance, and in preventing early-onset of the effects of aging. In addition to receiving Clear + Brilliant treatments other skin care habits which are recommended are:
- Don’t smoke. Smoking cigarettes does not only affect you internally; exposing your skin to cigarette smoke can cause a number of less-than-desirable effects in both the appearance and texture of your skin. Possible side-effects of smoking include: crow’s feet, bags under your eyes, wrinkles, premature aging, loss of skin’s natural glow, and clogged pores.
- Eat well. A proper diet contributes substantially to the health and appearance of your skin, as vitamins and minerals support proper skin cell regeneration and your body’s natural processes of skin maintenance. Part of a healthy diet includes drinking plenty of water to flush out any toxins, and also to keep your skin supple and radiant. If you experience acne outbreaks or blemishes, you may want to take a closer look at the food you eat.
- Minimize alcohol. Alcohol builds up toxins in your body, while simultaneously dehydrating you and causing a loss of vital nutrients in your skin.
- Moisturize regularly. Moisturizing keeps your skin well-hydrated, soft, firm and supple. Some moisturizers also have important vitamins and minerals built in to the formula to provide your skin with a health boost.
- Wash your skin gently. The skin on your face is very sensitive; using gentle, circular motions while washing will help to prevent redness, small tears, and over-stretching which can cause sagging and wrinkles over time.
- Get enough sleep. Lack of sleep can cause puffiness, bags or dark circles under the eyes, reduced natural glow, and can also impede your body’s natural tissue repair abilities.
- Conduct regular mole spot checks. While the vast majority of moles do not present a danger to your health, it is important that you regularly inspect any moles you may have and go to your dermatologist with any concerns.
- Seek professional help for any skin issues. Some skin disorders or issues can get worse the longer they go untreated; be sure to see your skin care professional as soon as possible with any concerns you may have about the health, appearance, or texture of your skin.
- Protect your skin from the sun: use sunscreen which has an SPF rating of at least 15 and which offers protection against both UVA and UVB rays; minimize exposure to harmful sunrays which are more prevalent during midday; and cover exposed skin with clothing and hats.
Adopting these healthy skin-care habits, if you haven’t already, will boost the effectiveness of your Clean + Brilliant treatments and improve overall the health of your skin.